Gender is an essential characteristic...
The weather has beckoned me out of doors this entire week with warm sunshine, yet cool gentle breezes. Some friend's kids were over for a playdate and my kids were in heaven. I was sitting on the porch peeling and cutting carrots listening to the two girls as they colored pictures inside and watching the boys and Hazel playing in the water outside.
The girls were giggling because Alexa drew underwear with hearts on her person. (How does this start so young?)
The boys, on the other hand, were giggling because they had half a dozen redneck tubberware and were trying to create a water home (with grass and rocks in the tub of water) for a poor grasshopper who kept desperately trying to escape. They'd squeal every time he managed it and then pick him up and throw him right back in.
Today, I came home to an "Aquarium" of pint jars filled with rocks, water, and an assortment of plastic toy animals-shark, whale, snakes, spiders, and a Little People person (because of course we need one of those on display). I love how kids play.
No comments:
Post a Comment